Luther's corner

Every night I have been trying to pick a small project or two for James and I to do together to get ready for Luther. Last night we installed the car seat in the car and put together his pack-n-play. Now there is a whole corner in our living room for Luther. He has a bouncy seat to lounge in, a swing to ride in, a glider to be fed and rocked in and the pack-n-play for diaper changing and naps. I hope this little area will keep me from running up and down the stairs all day long after he arrives. This evening we took a bunch of my old nursing books to a used book store and traded them for some children’s books for Luther and a book on breastfeeding for me. I was fun picking our books for Luther. I can’t wait until he gets here and we can have story time. Sometimes at night James reads him a story. He responds a lot to James’s voice. I think he is a daddy’s boy already. I love hearing james say “my son” when he talks about Luther.
My old roommates jen & jen(aka klocken) did get to come this past weekend. We had a good time catching up. Klocken is 11wks pregnant, so we had lots to talk about!! She is still in the nauseous icky feeling stage, so we mostly just hung out and relaxed. We did go shopping for a few hours on Saturday and to church on Sunday, so we did not lay around all weekend. You may be able to tell from the picture of the 3 of us girls that I am continuing to swell. My face is pretty puffy as are my hand and feet. I am going to the doctor every Monday now. James got to go with me this week for the first time in several months. I was shocked at how much weight I had gained since my last appointment but I have a feeling it is all water weight since I am so swollen. I definitely weigh more than James now. The nurse told James that he should put on some sympathy pounds to make me feel better.

Comments

Anonymous said…
it looks so good i love you luther
Anonymous said…
You are beautiful! You will be a fantabolous mother! Sorry I didn't call you for lunch today, Brad had to leave town unexpectedly and I wanted to spend every moment I could with him.
Love ya chickadee
Jessica Hacker
Anonymous said…
Luther is one well-outfitted little boy. Keep reading to him; I want him to do his graduate research in my lab someday!! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

CURE Ethiopia

#3 due in July

Kids’ Update